Keyboard Lessons in Docklands
Full Name: Allan McConnell
JZ Centre Stage – Techno & Piano Coach
– UTAS Conservatorium – Bachelor of Music (Music Technology)
– Winnier – Mercury Foster A Band Competition (Close Counters)
– Played keyboard and ableton live for Dylan Joel on 31 date Bliss N Eso “Off The Grid” national tour
– UTAS Dean’s Honour Roll (GPA higher than 6.0)
– Clarice Tegg Award for Outstanding Musical Composition
– Friends of the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra Prize for Composition
– R.J Shield Memorial Prize for Exceptional Musical Performance
– Performing and writing with electronic duo Close Counters
– Produced song for New York rapper big Momma
– Produced song for rapper Mr. Muthafuckin’ Exquire
– Produced song for singer-songwriter Azura
– Performed on keyboard with R’n’B outfit Lazer Baby at Party in the Paddock Festival, the Taste of Tasmania and Fractangular Gathering
– Performed keyboard with Hobart band Chase City on their 14-date/Lost Myself Tour across Australia
– Programmed/performed keyboard for the Old Nick Company’s Uni Revue production Indiana Joe and the Budget of Doom
– Recorded with songwriter Jed Appleton for his upcoming album
– Recorded at Studio 301 in Byron Bay with producer Lachlan ‘Magoo’ Gould
– Performed with Chris Watts supporting Elton John at Rochford Vineyard
Why do you love keyboard and music production? What is your teaching philosophy?
I have been playing piano since 9 years of age. It began with me begging my mum for piano lessons after fanatically listening to a lot of pop music with prominent piano playing such as Ben Folds, Joni Mitchell and Tim Minchin. I loved the dynamic nature of the instrument, how it could be applied to multiple different emotions/styles of music and how these particular songwriters enabled it to support their melodies. My mother eventually caved and gifted me a small yamaha keyboard which not only played piano sounds but also some basic synthesisers – little did she realise, as well as engaging my newfound love for piano she also allowed me to explore the versatility of sound libraries that can be played by a keyboard. This passion continued throughout my studies at school and university, and still to this date I’m always fascinated by the unlimited range of sounds you can make through synthesisers and sample libraries. I believe that the teacher needs to first and foremost be a good role model to the student, and inspire them to engage with music through their own work. I know this is true as it was through seeing the work of my own teachers, both in music and music technology, that inspired me to pursue music seriously as a career.
As well as keyboard lessons, we also teach guzheng, drums, piano, guitar, vocal, pipa, and other private lessons.
Hone your musical ability with JZ Centre Stage today!
Mastering a musical instrument is a joy to experience. If you’ve been looking for keyboard lessons near Melbourne CBD, JZ Centre is the place to go. With talented teachers and a dedicated approach, we can get you on your way to becoming a talented keyboard player. Book your lessons with us today!